Sunday, July 19, 2009

yummy crisp!

Sorry for the lack of posting over the past couple of weeks. We are moving to a new apartment, and have been painting like maniacs. Please excuse the hiatus, and be assured that in another week or so, I will have moved in, and have a beautiful black and white checked kitchen floor that I always dreamed of. To get you through, here's a recipe for a pretty unbelievable Peach-Blueberry Crisp:
BLUEBERRY - PEACH CRISP
CRUST:
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. butter, melted
TOPPING:
2 c. fresh blueberries
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. flour
2 c. sliced fresh peaches
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats and brown sugar. Pour melted butter over all and stir until crumbly. Press into bottom of 8 inch square pan. In large bowl, combine all of topping ingredients; mix well, spread over crumbs and bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.
It's from Cooks.com (I'd love to give credit to the author, but there's none listed), which I don't normally use, but this little gem might make me change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment